BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39306
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Detroit Tigers : Reading "Game 50: Detroit Tigers 0 Cleveland Indians 9" Thread

Message #200 of 252  *NEW*
To:  All
The Olde English Ds  
Subject:  Game 50: Detroit Tigers 0 Cleveland Indians 9
Date:  6/1/06, 8:05am
graphic
The eight game win streak came to a crushing end. The Tigers were shutout by Jason Johnson while the Indians took advantage of Tiger pitching for 9 runs. Rogers struggled only going 4.1 innings and allowing five runs including Haffner’s 14th home run. The final four Cleveland runs came on a grand slam by Jason Michaels off of Bobby Seay. The blow raised Seay’s ERA to 5.40.

Detroit’s offense never got on track verses Johnson. JJ did a nice job of keeping the ball down and he made the Tigers hitters look weak. Detroit managed seven hits in the game, but was not able to string together enough to score any runs. Chris Shelton led the offense with a pair of hits.

Detroit is now 35-15 on the year. The Tigers look to start another win streak with a Memorial Day afternoon affair with the New York Yankees.

*** OEs 3 Stars of the Game ***

#3 Jamie Walker – 1 IP, 0 Hs, 0 Rs, 0 BB, 0 Ks, 0.71 ERA
#2 Chris Spurling – 2.2 IP, 2 Hs, 0 Rs, 2 BBs, 1 K, 3.72 ERA
#1 Chris Shelton – 2-4

On Tap – Game 51 (35-15) v. New York Yankees (28-20) May 29th, 1:05 ET
Jeremy Bonderman (5-3, 4.57) v. Randy Johnson (6-4, 5.89)

--------------------------------------------------------
Go Tigers!!!
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Msg #200
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

3730 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

The Olde English Ds's Blog

Message #203 of 252  *NEW*
To:  The Olde English Ds's Blog Thread
rmayer78  
Subject:  Game 50: Detroit Tigers 0 Cleveland Indians 9
Date:  6/2/06, 6:37am
I brought my nephew to this one! He wasn't much of a baseball fan before and I don't think he's one yet. In the fourth inning he was bugging me to leave. We were so excited on the way there to see another Tigers sweep! Oh well, they can't win 'em all. props to JJ for pitching a strong game. At some point he has to be consistent though. I don't miss him!

Reply to Msg #203
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

4068 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter